Treasury Wine Estates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Packaging Engineer
at Treasury Wine Estates
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world’s leading wine companies. We know that it’s the thinkers, makers, and doers who have the most impact as we continue to strive towards being recognized as the world’s most admired premium wine company. We are proud of our portfolio of brands that have tremendous heritage, rich quality, and a reputation for excellence across the globe. From the iconic luxury of Penfolds, Stags’ Leap, Beaulieu Vineyards, and Beringer, to the broad appeal of Sterling Vineyards and newer brands like 19 Crimes, we are committed to creating memorable wine experiences for our consumers.
About the role
Treasury Wine Estates is looking for an experienced Packaging Engineer. This role will lead, develop and execute all aspects of technical packaging specifications requirements from New Product Development to first production product launch. You will also own and develop technical expertise associated with all dry good categories to drive and leverage depth and technical competence within TWE.
- Lead and execute all technical aspects of label (dry goods) approval process to assure business marketing requirements and regulatory requirements are met on a timely accurate basis.
- Drive CI efforts to maintain, organize and communicate to internal groups technical reference information, database of technical information for each packaging dry good component per bottle mold.
- Ensure continuous performance improvement efforts with vendors to assure packaging specification compliance and procurement cost saving and supply optimization initiatives are met.
- Lead packaging technical resource for marketing driven innovation projects, driving vendor selection and execution of new packaging formats at copackers / internally at TWE.
- Oversee all aspects of packaging trials to support ongoing continuous improvement efforts at bottling operations.
- Lead, coach, and mentor direct reports to assure departmental objective are met.
- Technical Services key contact to support supply chain services and business teams.
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal customers, marketing, planning, and quality teams.
- Lead specialized complex projects high in collaboration with key stakeholders e.g. Procurement, Material Planning, and New Product Development.
- Support the technical packaging requirements of significant CapEx projects.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as packaging engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree packaging engineering.
- Trade or vocational courses or certification a plus.
- High level of interpersonal and people leadership skills.
- Knowledge of relevant standards and legislation.
- Beneficial to have project management experience.
- Computer literate (MS Windows applications and ERP system comfortable).
- High level competency of glass technologies, closure devices, labelling materials and technologies, Capsule and corrugate materials.
What’s in it for you
- The opportunity to be bold and make an impact in the world of wine
- Access to the world’s most celebrated wines through our employee product allowance
- True flexibility in determining how, when, and where you work to achieve your potential
- Global opportunities across the US, Australia & New Zealand, Asia, UK/Europe
- Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (we’re really good at doing this!)
- Structured development programs to support your health, wellbeing, and career
- “TWEforME Day” –an additional day of leave each year, for you to do you!
- Competitive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, and Vision, Paid Time Off (vacation, sick time, and holidays), 401K with company match, and much more!
We bring our whole selves, we’re courageous and we deliver together – that’s our DNA. We’re a passionate bunch who enjoy working together, like to have fun and keep things down-to-earth. We’re brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude. We’re definitely “glass half full” people and see challenges as opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
If you’re ready to help us be the world’s most admired premium wine company, please apply now!
Inclusion and Diversity
Just like the wide range and variety of brands in our wine portfolio, TWE embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability.
How to apply
We do move quickly at TWE and continually review applications, so if you don’t want to miss out, apply today!