Tribune Content Agency
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Engineering and Facilities
at Tribune Content Agency
- Requisition ID
- Manufacturing and Distribution - Leadership
- Position Type
The Manager of Engineering will be leading a team of building engineers responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems to ensure optimal operating efficiency and availability. This is a Full-time, Exempt role.
- Manage and oversee a team of maintenance engineers and technicians. Lead, coach, mentor, motivate, empower and challenge employees, promoting individual and team development.
- Develop and manage personnel responsible for the day-to-day delivery of services, including technical training, management/supervisory training, performance appraisals and salary management.
- Coordinate system repairs and monitor systems performance
- Energy Management, ongoing Building Technology implementation
- Execute equipment audits and record-taking policies
- Coordinate safety initiatives and maintain equipment documentation including specifications, warranties, life-cycle, maintenance needs and operating instructions
- Coordinate to ensure seamless delivery of all building services to employee population
- Ensure compliance with all safety programs and protocols and compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Provide detailed, proactive assessments of all elements of modern building operations including high and low voltage electrical systems; heating, ventilating, refrigeration and air conditioning systems; domestic water supply systems; fire protection and life safety; drainage, water treatment and Data Center environmental.
- Responsible for developing and implementing specifications, procedures and quality standards for the multi-disciplinary engineering activities including contractual engineering services, design, equipment selection, procurement and construction associated with the operations and maintenance of the facilities.
- Manage the effectiveness of facilities operations through continuous improvement efforts, management of KPI’s and metrics and ongoing tracking and benchmarking. Responsible for compliance of workplace health, and safety and environmental regulations as dictated by OSHA and other governmental agencies while managing a safe working environment for employees.
- Position requires “on-call” management responsibilities for weekends and response to emergency situations as appropriate during working and off-hours.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure reliable operation of systems including IT and Data Center environment.
- Support preventative maintenance program, ensuring efficient and proper operation of building systems.
- Ensure contractors comply with building-related and safety requirements and are in good standing with company contract and insurance requirements.
•Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
•Minimum of 5 years prior management experience in related field or area of specialization.
•Position requires expertise in plant equipment such as boilers, pressure vessels, chillers, pumps, compressors, fans and drives, data center electrical distribution (UPS), critical environmental support systems and stand-by generation equipment and maintenance, as well as management of both scheduled and unscheduled shutdowns.
•Requires excellent communication skills in interfacing with all levels of management, architects, engineers, and state & local inspectors.
•Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading a team of exempt and/or nonexempt employees.
•Ability to manage through emergencies and effectively recognize and implement corrective action as necessary.
•Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel) and AutoCad.