Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Engineering Intern
Graduating this spring with your Master’s in Data Analytics or Data Engineering? Looking for an internship opportunity before you graduate? Join our team as a Spring 2021 Data Engineering Intern, Data Informatics on our innovative digital team. This is a remote 40-hour per week paid internship.
We help global brands provide a great experience to their customers, build customer loyalty, and grow their business. We were founded on one guiding principle: customer experiences that are simple, inspired, and more human deliver lasting value for everyone. Your role brings that principle to life.
Life as a TTEC Intern
Connect your future with real world opportunities today. When you join TTEC as an intern, you’ll experience a highly knowledge and collaborative team, cutting-edge work, and all the opportunity to geek out with data! You’ll do real work that matters for some of the most iconic brands in the world and make a tangible impact with your team. This isn’t a “grab me coffee and make some copies” kind of internship!
What you’ll be doing
Looking use your experience with software languages to manipulate large amounts of data? Ready to solve data analysis problems? If you’re a high motivated self-starter, you’ll dig this internship opportunity.
On a typical day you’ll:
- Aid in management and manipulation of multiple large data sets, including: defining populations and variables, performing calculations and summarizations, and creating solutions to address client business questions
- Help ingest data from outside sources into TTEC solutions
- Convert existing SAS code into Python for use in new system
- Assist senior team members with portions of large analytic deliverables
Why you? What you bring
- Undergraduate degree in a STEM field, Working towards you Master’s degree
- Experience working with large-scale relational databases, and ability to manipulate/ analyze / maintain relational databases
- Proficiency in Python, Apache Spark, or PySpark, bash scripting, SQL is a must
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Comfortable working in team-oriented, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of cloud computing, Hadoop ecosystem, Pig Latin or HiveQL
- Experience with code deployment on Azure Databricks, DataFactory and familiarity with DevOps tools like Jenkins, Azure DevOps.
- Experience deploying modern data solutions leveraging components in Azure like Function Apps, Logic Apps, Log Analytics, Data Factory, DataBricks, Data Lake and more
- Exposure to SAS, Oracle
If you're a military veteran, active duty guard or reserves, or a military spouse:
We value your experience and believe you're prepared and battlefield-ready in the civilian world to take on TTEC's most innovative and challenging projects. Your hands-on experience with globalization means you're prepared to interact with our clients and employees around the world. Overcoming adversity and adapting to change has prepared you to execute in our dynamic environment. We are looking for team members where leadership is baked in from Day One. Where innovation and disruption are part of your DNA. We know that no job is as important as serving one's country, but we hope you'll find delivering amazing customer experiences to be another purpose worth serving!
TTEC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. TTEC embraces and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce that respects and empowers the cultures and perspectives within our global teams. We strive to reflect the communities we serve, by not only delivering amazing service and technology, but also humanity. We make it a point to make sure all our employees feel valued, belonging and comfortable being their authentic selves at work. As a global company, we know diversity is our strength because it enables us to view things from different vantage points and every individual to bring value to the table in their own unique way. But don’t take our word for it, check out some of the diversity and women in leadership awards on TTECjobs.com.
For more information about TTEC, visit ttecjobs.com or search #ExperienceTTEC throughout social media to engage in the global conversation.