Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Semor Linux / SAN Engineer -- Remote / Nationwide
TTEC is seeking a SAN / Linux Engineer to join our Technology Services team. This role is located out of our Austin office with remote / telecommuting opportunities.
Why choose TTEC to enhance and broaden your career? We are just as passionate about providing ideal solutions to solving our client's business problems by driving customer experience outcomes with our enhanced technical capabilities, as you are. Whether you're the Engineer, Architect, Account Manager, Practice Leader or Sales Executive we need your talent to help us in our exciting journey to success!
What you will be doing:
As part of our Cloud Engineering team, you will work with our Hosted Collaboration Solutions division supporting Cloud based enterprise environments and will have exposure to virtualization software, SAN infrastructure, and datacenter networking.
What you'll bring to us:
- Design, architecture, administration & support of enterprise wide EMC and Netapp hosted solutions.
- Administer networks, servers and associated schedules.
- Troubleshoot end-to-end resolution of identified (hardware/software/configuration) issues, including failed disk drives, power supplies, performance, capacity, connectivity, transmission errors.
- As part of a team help train support resources on Storage and VMware infrastructure virtualization solutions.
- Creation and administration of fabric configurations.
Zoning experience with SAN attached storage systems using fiber channel switches
- Creation and administration of RAID groups, storage groups, aggregates, volumes, LUNs and the provisioning of these to client hosts (Windows, UNIX, ESX)
- Capacity management and planning.
- Upgrade software, monitor performance and evaluate trends and needs.
- Document processes, procedures, upgrades and problems.
Work with other teams, such as Backup team to implement/support Information Life Cycle Management (ILM) strategies/implementations.
What skills you will need:
- 5 years experience with administration & support experience in enterprise wide EMC, Netapp SAN.
- Experience designing & architecting SAN/NAS solutions required.
- 5 to 7 years experience in progressive network systems engineering.
- Ability to work on individual tasks, as well as team-oriented tasks.
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities.
- Ability to work under a cross-matrix management structure.
Required to be on-call and respond in a timely
Knowledge and experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Virtual Desktop Integration (VDI), working with teams that have implemented these solutions on SAN/NAS environments.
- Experience working with Cisco MDS Multilayer Fabric Switches.
- Knowledge in any of the following SAN/NAS storage subsystems: EMC, NetApp.
- Knowledge/experience with NAS, and Data Domain.
- Excellent verbal communication and client facing skills.
- BA degree in Computer Science/MIS or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- NCDA or NCIE - SAN certifications, a plus
- Must be to pass a Federal Security Clearance check
Familiarity with UCS B Series Blade Servers
- Strong experience with host side configurations and connectivity on Windows, UNIX and ESX hosts. This includes experience in installation and configuration of HBAs and associated firmware/drivers and scanning and configuration of LUNs/Volumes.
TTEC is a pioneer in customer experience, engagement and growth solutions. Our 40,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and 50 languages across social, mobile, and digital channels. We utilize a holistic approach, applying solutions from our four customer experience segments-Consulting, Technology, Care and Growth-to help companies provide an amazing experience to their customers, inspire customer loyalty, and grow their business. Our employees live by a set of customer-focused values that guide relationships with clients, their customers and each other.
Our Customer Technology Services segment drives customer experience outcomes to small, medium and enterprise clients by providing best in class Cloud and Premise Contact Center and Unified Communications Solutions, and CRM, Multi-channel, Omni-channel and WFO Services.
Lead Everyday ? Do the Right Thing ? Reach for Amazing ? Seek First to Understand ? Act as One ? Live life Passionately