Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineer at Software Company-Allied universal
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Hidden (8730)
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Morning
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! We have great part-time and full-time positions available! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Apply at the Link https://corporatecareers-aus.icims.com/jobs/265893/security-systems-engineer/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=750&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-480&jun1offset=-420
Security Systems Engineer
Full-Time San Jose
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage cross-functional Security and Employee & Workplace Solutions projects
• Provide hands-on project management during all phases of the project lifecycle with an emphasis on communication to project sponsors, stakeholders and project teams
• Collaborate with technical teams to develop and maintain end-to-end project plans, ensuring on-time delivery. This may include writing requirements, use and test cases as well as support and escalation plans
• Ability to map dependencies and relationships between projects and technologies
• Prioritize projects based on impact level and leverage data to drive prioritization decisions
• Communicate progress to plan on projects to Program Manager, Systems Managers on a regular basis, ensuring that team members are kept up to date on the health and status of the project
• Establish excellent working relations with all partners with an emphasis on unblocking team members when they are stuck, providing day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for project and tasks
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Document issue resolution using the existing work order system.
• Collaborate with local IT team as well as outside vendors as needed.
• Assist with creating training materials for new applications, assisting with product roll-outs, and participating in application enhancement projects.
• Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity.
• Work with databases (SQL Writing scripts, updating tables).
• Develop application using HTML, C#, C++, JAVA.
• Utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Work with analytics and reporting applications.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• 5+ years’ experience working on physical security/infrastructure implementation projects
• 5+ years’ experience in system, infrastructure, or application administration in an IT/ Physical security environment
• Experience with Biometric Readers, Intrusion Detection and Perimeter Alarms
• Ability to understand moderate to advance operations of low voltage alarm, CCTV, access control, communication systems and other technology
• Ability to understand floor plans, diagrams, and schematics
• Security/IT related certifications
• Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
• Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
• Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to read and understand floor plans, diagrams, and system schematics
• Experience in relationship building and collaboration with cross-functional teams
• Experience in SQL programming and design, database management
• Knowledge of Project Management tools and methodologies
• Knowledge of mobile applications and development
• Experience with Security processes and procedures
• Professional demeanor and excellent customer service capabilities
• Ability to work independently while also being a team player
• Local and distant travel occasionally required.
Educational Background and Experience:
• A minimum of an Associates Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field is preferred.
• Minimum of 5-7 years security/IT related work experience
• Access Control System (CCure 9000).
• Video Management System.
• Visitor Management System.
• Incident & Dispatch Management System.
• Must be physically able to lift to 30 pounds.
• Experience working in a structured, process-driven environment.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.