University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineer - req# 10951
at University of New Mexico
Core IT Svcs Splst
|Working Title||Systems Engineer|
The University of New Mexico Information Technologies (IT) Windows Enterprise Services (WES) group is seeking a Systems Engineer to help maintain and expand a robust Microsoft systems framework that will support current and future directory-enabled services and systems in a large and complex academic enterprise. The successful applicant will have expertise in Microsoft, Sailpoint and cloud technologies, exceptional communication skills, a thorough understanding of IT systems management best practices and a well developed sense of customer service for the values, practices and procedures found in an higher education environment.IT provides a creative work environment with flexible work hours and a supportive team environment.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
1. Provide technical leadership on a variety of highly specialized projects requiring expertise on core information technology systems and services.
2. Serve as subject matter expert in WES services.
3. May supervise/lead technical team members.
4. Coordinate the development, implementation, installation, and testing of complex systems.
5. Design and implement integrated information systems solutions to meet university requirements.
6. Handle help.UNM incidents and requests.
7. Technical resource for projects and services.
8. Documents system information and processes.
9. Troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software, and connectivity problems.
10. Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant technologies, equipment, and/or systems.
11. Provides on-call support for WES team’s services.Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT EMSS - Systems (388A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$5,687.64 to $8,531.47|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/14/2019|
|Application Instructions||Resume and Cover Letter Required.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.