Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Java Application Architect (TriumphPay)
at TBK Bank
Position Summary: The Senior Java Application Architect supports the Solutions team in designing and leads the implementation of custom systems and applications aligned to business requirements. The Senior Java Application Architect (Java, SQL) is responsible for implementing the design and ensuring successful development of web and other applications through the entire software life cycle. The Developer will need to be familiar with the best practices of implementing application design principles including security, performance, scalability, error logging, and testing. The primary languages used in this position are Java and SQL, deployed to a Linux/AWS/Docker environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead implementation of and contribute to custom-developed web applications to assist internal business partners.
- Work with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and effectively size Sprints.
- Contribute to the design, analyze, code, test, debug and support new and existing applications.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, optimize and improve existing applications and system.
- Contribute to the development of a product through the lifecycle of analysis and design and lead the coding, testing, deployment, and support.
- Ensure that the implementation of application designs are secure, performant, scalable, fault tolerant, and testable.
- Utilize analytical, process and/or technical skills to meet project objectives and deliverables that are self-directed and within project scope.
- Work within a cross-functional team to develop enhancements in a highly iterative fashion. Involves close collaboration with product owners, developers and testers.
- Communicate project issues and/or risks in a timely manner.
- Identify critical paths to meet business deadlines.
- Be able to operate in a highly regulated environment (SOX Compliance).
- Mentor more junior team members in development practices and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
The successful candidate will possess business operations experience and skills, analytical and critical thinking skills, and attention to detail. Additionally, the ideal candidate should possess the following:
- 5+ year’s application development experience in a professional environment.
- Experience reviewing code and making recommendations for improvement
- Experience identifying customer’s business needs and providing a technological solution.
- Strong technical, logical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Java, Spring, and Spring Boot
- Experience with databases, including Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Experience in Bash/Linux, AWS, Docker, and messaging technologies is preferred.
- Experience with agile implementation methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent skills and experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 7+ years development experience.
- 3+ years management/team lead experience.
- Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, REST web services.
- Database experience (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes, and Docker skills preferred.
- Experience in infrastructure automation tools, such as Ansible and Terraform, is a plus.
- Strong background in building scalable, high quality and high-performance application on the Microsoft technology stack.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to self-direct and effectively manage time.
- Strong initiative and drive with high productivity and work ethic.
The work environment characteristics described here maybe encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Occasional stooping or kneeling may be necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and telephone.
- Specific vision abilities are required by this job due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
We are a dynamic organization with great customers and a culture where people are valued and empowered to deliver amazing results. We are also growing and looking to hire talented and passionate individuals to join our team!