Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Sales Engineer
at TBK Bank
The Senior Sales Engineer (SSE) supports the sales and integrations team productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. The SSE collaborates with sales, operations, engineering, technical support resources, and vendors to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision makers. The SSE will be required to be on-site during new client implementations in order to provide onsite technical expertise and solution engineering and will act as an extension of the sales team.
The SSE is responsible for achieving a quote made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources supported. This position reports to the EVP Payment Solutions with a dotted line to the COO responsible for the sales team supported.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by leadership
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address system and customer requirements, assess customer’s systems and technical capabilities, and recommends solutions that optimize for both the customer and TriumphPay
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support
- Coordinates closely with sales, operations, and integrations teams to align solution design with business requirements
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close” and successful go-live
- Design, analyze, code, test, debug and support custom integrations to support new customer implementations
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in sales team supported
- Provides coaching and professional development to sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development within customer firms. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered
- Utilize analytical, process and/or technical skills to meet project objectives and deliverables that are self-directed and within project scope
- Communicate project issues and/or risks in a timely manner
- Identify critical paths to meet business deadlines
- Be able to operate in a highly regulated environment (SOX Compliance)
- Perform other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
The successful candidate will possess business operations experience and skills, analytical and critical thinking skills, and attention to detail. Additionally, the ideal candidate should possess the following:
- 5+ years’ experience in sales engineering in a professional environment
- 5+ years’ experience in sales and project management in technical environments
- Experience identifying customer’s business needs and providing a technological solution
- Experience and proven success in a technical sales role
- Strong technical, logical, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Experience with agile implementation methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent skills and experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong initiative and drive with high productivity and work ethic
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with managers and users with varying technical backgrounds in a fast paced work environment
- Strong work ethic, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with a sense of urgency while maintaining attention to detail and self-direct
- Must be able to receive and follow instructions given by management and develop solutions to unique problems
- Ability to work on more than one task at a time and manage work effectively by prioritizing team assignments, schedules, and meetings
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to adapt to changing work situations and procedures
- Hands on project management skills to ensure the timely completion of work
- Must be able to travel 30-50% of the time
The work environment characteristics described here maybe encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
- Ability to work in a confined area
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Occasional stooping or kneeling may be necessary
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and telephone
- Specific vision abilities are required by this job due to computer work
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
We offer consumer and commercial banking products from our 18 branches throughout eastern Iowa and Illinois and 34 branches throughout Colorado and western Kansas. We also offer deposit products through our Dallas branch. Our lending capabilities include commercial real estate, mortgage warehouse lending and other general business lending.
Through our Triumph Commercial Finance division, we offer asset based lending, equipment finance, legered lines of credit and insurance premium financing throughout the United States. We also offer discount factoring through our Triumph Business Capital subsidiary and insurance through our Triumph Insurance Group subsidiary.