Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrician - Maryvale
at Valleywise Health
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: Maintenance - Maryvale
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under general direction from the Supervisor Power Plant, this position will perform maintenance, installation, and repair of an electrical nature to allow for a safe, attractive hospital environment.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience as a journeyman electrician preferably in an industrial or hospital setting.
- Completion of electrical apprenticeship required.
- Must posses a valid Arizona driver's license.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of fire protection codes, and other building systems codes, OSHA requirements, and knowledge of safe working techniques and procedures.
- Proven ability to take and follow directions in the daily performance of duties is required.
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Must have excellent communication, organizing, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Experience with fire alarm systems and controls are preferred.
- Welding experience is preferred.