Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor Building Engineer
at Valleywise Health
Under the direction of the Director Facilities, the Supervisor Building Engineer plans, implements, coordinates and manages all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management, and manpower development programs for a facility, campus or portfolio of buildings.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business, technical, facilities management or related field preferred.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years of facility management related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer prior direct or indirect supervisory experience.
- Requires Universal CFC certification.
- Additional certification in three or more of the following: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair.
- Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of all applicable practices and techniques, laws, project controls and environmental regulations to include safety regulations.
- Requires the ability to effectively present information.
- Must have the ability to operate an EMS and CMMS system.
- Must have intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Requires the ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principals and to understand operating budgets.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures and percentages and conduct basic financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.