Vanco Payment Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Vanco Payment Solutions
At Vanco, we offer our clients solutions that allow them to accept credit, debit and other electronic payments securely and seamlessly. As a market leader, we work primarily to meet specialized payment needs for more than 20,000 nonprofits and school systems. These values guide our relationships with clients, partners and each other, every day:
- Act with integrity
- Maintain transparency
- Focus on who we serve
- Create a positive workplace
We serve those who enrich our communities. Vanco provides businesses, nonprofits and educational organizations a complete range of payment solutions and administrative software. Our solutions make payment processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits and schools.
Do you have a passion for driving application architecture? Are you excited about a high growth, fast-paced organization?
Vanco is looking for a dynamic Application Architect to join our Architecture team.
In this role, you will provide technical guidance to our software development efforts, ensuring that the associated teams share a common understanding of our development goals, including elements of quality.
We are looking for someone who has had application design experience, is comfortable contributing to multiple application stacks, and has worked with cloud-native design efforts.
What you’ll be doing:
You will work with development, devOps, operations, QA, product, management, and other partners to design world-class software solutions. This position is responsible for translating product requirements into development path options. During this process, you will work with product management to discover needs, technical teams to define options and costs, document and communicate these findings to product and management, drive the decision making process, and ensure on-target delivery throughout the software development lifecycle. You will assist in ensuring solutions meet our functional needs as well as elements of quality, including scalability, observability, security, and resilience. You will also assist in defining and documenting organizational standards used throughout the software lifecycle.
On a day to day basis you are responsible for:
- Discover, document, and communicate optimal software design patterns taking into account constraints, cost/value analysis, and organizational architecture objectives.
- Participate in development efforts, including activities such as code review, story mapping, scan review, security design, and testing planning to ensure ongoing efforts meet technical design specifications and minimum levels of quality.
- Schedule and drive cross-team discovery meetings to assist in negotiating platform integration strategy, document the findings, and create buy-in where needed.
- Work with the rest of the architecture team to create and drive a consistent approach.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
Who you are:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent applied experience.
- You have knowledge of software development best practices and principles, including Agile methodologies and modern software shipping strategies
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are a self-directed, detail-oriented, creative problem solver
- You are flexible to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities
- You are adept at creating documentation from scratch and communicating technical concepts to parties with varying technology expertise
- You can apply technology solutions to tough business problems
- You are passionate about technology and the change that drives it
- You have 10 or more years of software development and/or devOps experience including 4 years in a technical leadership role
- At least 4 years of .NET/C# Experience.
- At least 4 years of API/integration design
- Experience with application development for cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure or AWS is desirable.
- Experience with building resilient, highly available, and secure enterprise scale payment processing applications is desirable.
What we offer:
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance Base Plan plus Dental, Vision, Life and Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Opportunities to lead and develop processes and structure
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities organized by the company
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vanco is committed to serving those who improve their communities. We are a technology leader specializing in payment and donation processing, education administration software and event management. We serve more than 45,000 customers in education, faith-based organizations, nonprofits and professional services markets. Vanco earns the trust of clients by providing tools that reduce administrative burdens and costs, enable organizations to increase fundraising and simplify work. Vanco has offices across the United States and in Mexico and Australia.
Looking for an awesome place to work? Start a conversation with us today!