Vanco Payment Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Vanco Payment Solutions
At Vanco, we offer our clients solutions that allow them to accept credit, debit and other electronic payments securely and seamlessly. As a market leader, we work primarily to meet specialized payment needs for more than 20,000 nonprofits and school systems. These values guide our relationships with clients, partners and each other, every day:
- Act with integrity
- Maintain transparency
- Focus on who we serve
- Create a positive workplace
We are seeking an ambitious Enterprise Architect who has a passion for leading technical strategy and architectural solutions for Vanco. As an Enterprise Architect, you will work with the Product Teams. The Product Teams are responsible for providing world-class products to the company and the company’s clients. This includes designing, creating, maintaining, and supporting software for every application used by the company, ensuring all elements of quality are met throughout the Software Development Life Cycle, and keeping the data as secure as possible.
In order to accomplish their mission, the Product Team is committed to utilizing best-in-class tools and solutions as well as implementing the latest and best processes. The Product Team will develop solutions that scale as easily and efficiently as possible in order to control costs and resource requirements as the business needs grow.
What you’ll be doing:
As an Enterprise Architect, you will identify the product requirements, develop the system architecture, analyze risks associated with the design, communicate them effectively to technical developers as well as various levels of leadership, and ensure the product meets all customer requirements. You will be responsible for reviewing existing architectures throughout Vanco’s platforms and make recommendations on which systems to invest in. As an Enterprise Architect, you will facilitate cross-functional teams to come to a consensus on common solutions. You will provide guidance to software teams in architecting solutions that are aligned with best practices and product roadmap. As an Enterprise Architect, you will research industry trends and make recommendations on opportunities to build better architectures that support and drive business decisions. You will ensure that business and technology are in alignment by linking the business strategy to its technical strategy and by documenting this using architectural diagrams. You will have expert knowledge in understanding and implementing various technologies, such as microservices. Finally, as an Enterprise Architect, you will promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
Our team believes in a respectful and collaborative approach to development. We ask questions and give advice and realize our work is better as a team than on our own.
Who you are:
- Your degree is a BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- You have knowledge of software development best practices and principles, including Agile methodologies
- You have strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- You are self-directed, detail oriented, creative problem solver
- You are flexible to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities
- You can apply technology solutions to tough business problems
- You must have strong multi-tasking skills and execute on those tasks under extreme pressure
Overall you have:
- o 10 or more years of overall software development experience
- o 8 or more years leading technical strategy for teams
- o 5 or more years working with or designing RESTful APIs
- o 2 or more years working with a cloud service provider, preferably Microsoft Azure
- o 2 or more years working in the Payment Card industry
- o Strong knowledge of data privacy practices and laws
What we offer:
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Ability to work on products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by LinkedIn Learning and Pluralsight
- Volunteer opportunities organized by the company
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vanco is committed to serving those who improve their communities. We are a technology leader specializing in payment and donation processing, education administration software and event management. We serve more than 45,000 customers in education, faith-based organizations, nonprofits and professional services markets. Vanco earns the trust of clients by providing tools that reduce administrative burdens and costs, enable organizations to increase fundraising and simplify work. Vanco has offices across the United States and in Mexico and Australia.
Looking for an awesome place to work? Start a conversation with us today!