Vanco Payment Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Future Opening: Senior Software Engineer - Java
at Vanco Payment Solutions
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Department: Information Technology, Product Development Team
Type: Full time, On-site
Location: Bloomington, MN
Benefits: Employee Healthcare Benefits, Life and AD&D Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 401(k) Plan
At Vanco, we offer our clients solutions that allow them to accept credit, debit and other electronic payments securely and seamlessly. As a market Leader, we work primarily to meet specialized payment needs for more than 20,000 nonprofits and school systems. These values guide our relationships with clients, partners and each other, every day:
- Act with integrity
- Maintain transparency
- Focus on who we serve
- Create a positive workplace
We are seeking an ambitious Senior Software Engineer who shares our passion for writing high quality code and building great software for Vanco. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work on the Product Team. The Product Team is responsible for providing world-class products to the company and the company’s clients. This includes designing, creating, maintaining, and supporting software for every application used by the company, ensuring all elements of quality are met throughout the Software Development Life Cycle, and keeping the data as secure as possible.
In order to provide world-class products to the company, the Product Team works in an Agile environment. This ensures alignment of priorities and increments of value are ready to deliver each sprint. Our practice of the Scrum methodology allows us to achieve a high level of performance and quality.
In order to accomplish their mission, the Product Team is committed to utilizing best-in-class tools and solutions as well as implementing the latest and best processes. The Product Team will develop solutions that scale as easily and efficiently as possible in order to control costs and resource requirements as the business needs grow.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will collaborate with, learn from, mentor and train developers inside and outside of the team, encouraging a mindset of continuous improvement and adaptability to changing conditions and priorities. You will be responsible for effectively analyzing complex problems within a product and complicated problems between products, perform risk and impact analysis, and recommend solutions by balancing the competing interests of simplicity, thoroughness, consistency, and innovation. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will lead technical design for products that affect their team’s current architectures. You will be responsible for technical and non-technical documentation. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will refine the development onboarding program and ensure team adoption through training and mentoring. You will be actively engaged in all Product Team events. Finally, as a Senior Software Engineer, you will provide support to all internal customers in their use of our systems including our products and APIs.
Our team believes in a respectful and collaborative approach to development. We ask questions and give advice and realize our work is better as a team than on our own.
Who you are:
- Your degree is a BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- You have knowledge of software development best practices and principles, including Agile methodologies
- You have strong analysis and problem-solving skill
- You are self-directed, detail oriented, creative problem solver
- You are flexible to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities
- You can apply technology solutions to business problems
- You must have strong multi-tasking skills
Overall you have:
- 5 or more years of overall software development experience
- 2 or more years in server-side Java, Springboot, Groovy, Hibernate, Hazelcast/Redis, Rabbit/Active MQ or other similar tools
- 2 or more years working with or designing RESTful APIs
- 2 or more years of experience developing web applications
- 2 or more years of experience with relational databases, including MySQL, database design and best practices
- 1 or more years working in a Linux environment
It’s a bonus if you have experience with test-driven development and unit testing, JSON, Git and Jira. It would be great if you were familiar with Payment Card Industry standards as well.
What we offer:
- Opportunities to develop Leadership skills
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Ability to work on products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by LinkedIn Learning and Pluralsight
- Volunteer opportunities organized by the company
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vanco is committed to serving those who improve their communities. We are a technology leader specializing in payment and donation processing, education administration software and event management. We serve more than 45,000 customers in education, faith-based organizations, nonprofits and professional services markets. Vanco earns the trust of clients by providing tools that reduce administrative burdens and costs, enable organizations to increase fundraising and simplify work. Vanco has offices across the United States and in Mexico and Australia.
Looking for an awesome place to work? Start a conversation with us today!