Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SOLIDWORKS CAD DESIGNER / Expert
at Wamore, Inc
Wamore is an engineering and manufacturing company located at the Deer Valley Airpark. Wamore is an OEM supplier for commercial, military and aerospace clients as well as a turn-key system developer. The products we develop and manufacture are fun, innovative, challenging, and unique. We are seeking an experienced SolidWorks CAD Designer to join our team. This is a full time position (Monday-Thursday, 10 hour days). Wamore, Inc. isn't your typical Engineering firm. We have a friendly and casual working environment with an incredible opportunity for professional growth.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES / DUTIES:
Our SolidWorks CAD Designer will be responsible for the creation, development, and validation of models and simulations for electro/mechanical systems and accessories across many product lines. The key area of focus will be to independently create accurate 3D geometry of mechanical/electrical assemblies and provide complete drawing packages including full top level assemblies, sub-assemblies, and component detail drawings. The candidate will provide strong technical expertise and guidance to other team members using SolidWorks and applies knowledge and experience to create and design products.
- Primary Functions:
- Prepare engineering/production drawings using SolidWorks.
- Create and manage company common parts library.
- Will independently create mechanical drawings and support Engineers as part of a cross functional development team.
- Design complex mechanical layouts utilizing metal and electronic components.
- Ensure the mechanical design created meets the intent of the requirements document.
- Utilize geometric dimensioning and tolerance standards in performing complete tolerance stack-up analysis on all assemblies and components.
- Assist with prototypes and engineering builds (hands on capability required).
- Support transition of development to production launch (i.e. documentation, drawings, bills of materials, fixtures, & tooling)
- Create 3D manufacturing instructions and simulations with SolidWorks Composer
- Manage and Maintain Wamore's EPDM Vault
- Manage the Change Control Process
Skill / Requirements
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU MEET THE SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW!
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiar with EPDM Lifecycles & Revisions.
- Working knowledge of sheet metal and electronic assemblies.
- Proficiency and direct experience in SolidWorks 2017 (or higher).
- Understanding of ANSI Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Working knowledge of military and aerospace standards such MIL-STD-810 & DO-160.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in job duties.
- Ability to work directly with vendors and customers.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Able to work in a small office with minimal supervision.
- Preferred: Associate of Science in Engineering or Technology
- Acceptable: Certification or other Relevant Course Work and/or Formal Solidworks Training
- Acceptable: Demonstrated Self-Taught, Hands-On Proficiency with Solidworks
- Five (5) years related experience in CAD design with SolidWorks design software.
- SolidWorks Composer experience desired.
- SolidWorks CSWA Certification or higher.
- Experience in mechanical tolerance analysis, 3D modeling, and 2D CAD drafting.
- Experience with Product Data Management Software (Enterprise PDM preferred).
- Working knowledge of configuration control and management.
- ANSI/ISO Documentation Standard experience desired.
- Knowledge of electronic assemblies and standards per IPC/WHMA-A-620B.
- Familiarity with Design for Lean Manufacturing principles desired.
The required full time work hours for this position are Monday - Thursday, 6:30am - 5:00pm.
Yep, you read that right, every weekend is a 3-day vacation!!
Do not apply if you do not meet the minimum listed requirements and cannot work the required hours.