Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Analytic Consultant 4 - NLP Data Engineer
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
The NLP Data Science team in Enterprise Analytics and Data Science (EADS) is responsible for developing and deploying NLP, machine learning, and AI solutions for key strategic Enterprise initiatives such as customer experience improvement, risk management and compliance, business operational excellence, and team member experience.
The team is looking for an experienced analytics professional to add to its AI/ML/NLP model development team for Compliance areas.
As part of the NLP data science team for Compliance model development, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing AI/ML models focusing on Compliance initiatives for the enterprise and Wells Fargo lines of business. You will be leveraging unstructured text such as emails, text messages, notes, and semi-structured data in combination of structured data to apply text analytics and AI/NLP/ML techniques. You will use open stack programming languages and/or vendor solutions to develop models and deploy them on Wells Fargo’s AI platform. The ideal candidate should be able to think outside the box to uncover new ways to analyze unstructured data in conjunction with analytical tools to answer complicated business questions. As part of the model development team, you will be responsible of delivering solutions that meet business needs as well as any efforts related to model documentation and reviews to ensure the modeling processes and procedures meet corporate model risk policies and requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Extract, transform and load data from multiple databases, validate integrity and prepare modeling datasets.
- Understand business context of the data and perform in-depth exploratory data analysis (EDA) and present data discovery results and findings with business partners and others.
- Provide recommendations to data scientists to support complex predictive modeling projects.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from business partners to conduct data analysis to identify/quantify opportunities or address specific business questions.
- Utilize emerging analytical and programming techniques to explore internal and external unstructured and semi-structured data; recommend how these additional data sources can be used to enhance existing data and provide additional insight.
- Work with complex databases, conduct in-depth research to gain domain knowledge about the data and identify data issues, and propose solutions to improve data integrity; perform other database-related analyses and projects as requested.
- Partner with business/technology stakeholders and NLP team to develop NLP/ML data pipeline for model development, deployment and operational support.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience working with big data infrastructure and tools (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Hive, H2O)
- Strong programming skills using SQL, Python with ability to manipulate data for analytical purposes and conduct statistical data analysis
- Knowledge of statistical techniques (e.g., probability, multivariate data analysis, regression, PCA, time-series analysis) and experience using machine learning algorithms
- Exposure to deep learning model deployment will be plus
- Exceptional analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy; strong acumen proactively diagnosing and resolving data issues to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Prior experience in a role requiring collaboration across multiple functions within an organization, ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Proven ability to drive each project to completion with minimal guidance while effectively managing multiple projects at a time, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-Irving: 5000 Riverside Drive - Irving, TX
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
GA-Atlanta: 171 17th St Nw - Atlanta, GA
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.