Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Application Systems Engineer 5
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Risk and Finance CIO organization provides technology to several lines of businesses including Risk, Compliance, Finance, Audit and Legal with a combined technology spend in excess of $500+MM annually and is a 1100+ person global organization. Risk & Finance Technology is part of Enterprise Business Technology team within Wells Fargo’s Enterprise Information Technology Division.
The Risk & Finance Core Services is a horizontal function within Risk and Finance CIO organization and is responsible for delivering data consistently across Risk & Finance. This Technology Manager will report to Risk & Finance Core Services CTO and is responsible for sourcing Product, Transactional and Master/Reference data from the Approved Provisioning Points to Risk & Finance Foundational Platform; and enabling consumption of that data as data services across Risk & Finance. This technology leadership role requires strong big-data technology expertise and domain expertise in Risk & Finance data. This technology manager will lead a team of technology leads, designers, developers, analysts and testers and will have end-to-end responsibility for technology delivery. This manager also be part of the transformation of existing disparate data solutions and capabilities to an integrated, flexible and scalable data platform across Risk and Finance.
The Risk & Finance Core Services Senior Technology Lead (ASE5) will:
- Provide technology leadership for data services that deliver Strategic Enterprise Risk Management data
- Design high performing data models on big-data architecture as data services.
- Design and build high performing and scalable data pipeline platform using Hadoop, Apache Spark and Amazon S3 based object storage architecture.
- Partner with Enterprise data teams such as Data Management & Insights and Enterprise Data Environment (Data Lake) and identify the best place to source the data
- Work with business analysts, development teams and project managers for requirements and business rules.
- Collaborate with source system and approved provisioning point (APP) teams, Architects, Data Analysts and Modelers to build scalable and performant data solutions.
- Effectively work in a hybrid environment where legacy ETL and Data Warehouse applications and new big-data applications co-exist
- Work with Infrastructure Engineers and System Administrators as appropriate in designing the big-data infrastructure.
- Work with DBAs in Enterprise Database Management group to troubleshoot problems and optimize performance
- Support ongoing data management efforts for Development, QA and Production environments
- Utilizes a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs.
- Leverage knowledge of industry trends to build best in class technology to provide competitive advantage.
- Acts as expert technical resource to programming staff in the program development, testing, and implementation process.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of ETL, Data Warehouse, and Data Analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop
- 5+ years of Hadoop development/programming experience
- Experience in leading Data Warehouse and Data Analytics applications for Risk and Finance
- Must be knowledgeable in processes and data related to risk and finance functions
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial Services Data Foundation (FSDF) Banking & Insurance industry standard data mode
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.