Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Applications Systems Engineer 5
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Wells Fargo Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) team is looking for a Senior ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) Applications Systems Engineer where you will be Designing ETL processes for large data warehouse projects using Teradata, Ab Initio and Autosys. Strong data analysis skills are required to understand and make sense of customer data. You'll work on complex problems to provide troubleshooting and resolving production issues, data research and fixing defects. You’ll be part of a technical team building enterprise wide projects through all phases of the system development life cycle including estimating, analysis, design, testing, implementation, user support and documentation.
- Acts as a strong designer in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
Enterprise Information Technology(EIT), which offers data capabilities to Wells Fargo, focuses on leveraging data as a strategic asset. Data is critical to Wells Fargo’s continued success, deepening relationships with our customers, creating a seamless and convenient multi-channel experience, and meeting our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs. EDA defines how we use information across the company, align our business practices and support our continued focus on great customer experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Well versed in Teradata analytic functions, query optimization, explain plans, parallelism, and other advanced database topics
- Ability to understand complex data models
- Experience with MQ, XML and Java.
- Proven experience with Unix or Linux
- +2 years of Mainframe Cobol programming.
- +2 years of Power Designer and/or ERWIN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.