Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Applications Systems Engineer 5
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo’s emphasis on technology has never been greater. This is an exciting Engineer position over fast-paced, cutting-edge work within the Innovation & Strategic Services Platform Management organization. This group plays an important foundational role enabling business & technology transformation, and manages critical 'run the bank functions'. As an Engineer you will be responsible for full end-to-end platform initiatives & operational management of portfolio of applications. You will also help us enable transform the bank functions while managing run the bank functions in terms of resiliency, automation, support & maturity of application plus infrastructure stack.
This Applications Systems Engineer 5 role provides technical leadership for the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) & Enterprise Services domain, and works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of numerous factors. The Platform team has knowledge of the environments, software, infrastructure, function, performance, availability, capacity, and data. These technology teams provide and support ECM solutions and core capabilities including: Content Repositories, Image Capture and Ingestion, Records Management, Workflow, Content Viewers & Transformation Tools, Content Access (Services/APIs), and Utilities/Shared Services. We need a diverse group of people with different experience levels to support the transformation, enrichment, and continued availability of assets to business and technical application teams across the enterprise.
The goal of our platforms is to provide high-quality, standardized, innovative solutions to serve our core business needs in a consistent and efficient way. The Engineer will lead matrixed teams of engineers and support personnel in the Wells Fargo Platform and Application support team, partnering with development teams, product owners, scrum masters, and other technology centers of excellence. Core responsibilities include: project deliverables, ensuring availability of our portfolio of applications, handling incident & problem management, issue resolution & communication, tracking various changes across the portfolio, operational health & new solutions to improve platform/application stability, quality & supportability along with overall operational and technology risk management as per the enterprise guidelines.
- Lead small to medium cross-organizational transformational efforts in Platform space
- Deliver results in less defined & constantly changing environments
- Communicate with broad and diverse audience, including technology and business leaders; simplify complex messages for consumption
- Troubleshoot complex system issues in a distributed environment
- Lead support functions and drive the execution and maturity of multiple application support services including incident triage, root cause analysis, change evaluation-execution-validation, deployment management, and risk & vulnerability management
- Work closely with development and infrastructure partners like middleware, NAS, database, network, etc.
- Bring in operational management and sustainment for horizontal systems within Enterprise Content Management & Enterprise Services/APIs domain
- Partner to influence and support innovation & continued drive towards automation, touch less operational sustainment as a design/architecture construct, working with CIO technology partners/managers
- Operationally sustain and reduce risks in the eco-system by aggressively pursuing safety and soundness type of actions not limited to vulnerability, patching, end of life, and resiliency
- Provide hands on engagement on all Production, DevOps, BCP & UAT support activities for the platform and applications
- Drive operational management via EACO/Incident response, communication, and tracking, along with root cause identification and closure.
- Manage and coordinate Production change requests and release management
- Provide operational continuity through the development, management, measurement, analysis, and reporting of key service-level metrics as required by management
- Manage continuous services improvements and drive innovation to ensure SLAs and OLAs for the critical business processes, applications, and partner interfaces
- Regularly present Production performance and incident, root cause, and preventative actions, and trend analysis to technical and business Management teams
- Maintain and update all Production related documentation (e.g. game plans, run books, procedures, processes)
- Ensure effective Production systems monitoring, alarming, and notification response/maintenance
- Actively coach junior team members
- Provide general oversight and direction to virtual teams
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent issue resolution work-streams and project deliverables across environments in an agile way with changing priorities
- Documentation experience
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel) and Collaboration Tools set - JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Strong Operating systems experience - Windows, Unix, Linux and other infrastructure aspects
- Strong DB/SQL experience - MS SQL Server, Oracle
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
TX-Irving: 2975 Regent Blvd - Irving, TX
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.