Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Apps Systems Engineer 5
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
We are seeking an experienced Apps Systems Engineer to join the Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI), Treasury, Merchant, and Payments Services Technology (TMPS) Platform team. As a member of this technology team, you will have the opportunity to work with new Oracle SOA/OSB/JAVA and J2EE. This position is a Senior-level technical role that will assist with maintenance and support of the production and test infrastructure system for the Wells Fargo Global Payment Services Team. This position will follow corporate policies regarding security, documentation, audit and change control processes. This individual will be part of a team of on and offshore engineers assisting with maintaining the availability and performance of the production and test systems. The selected candidate will perform the administrative and technical activities required to support distributed applications, infrastructure and services which operates 24 x 7. The position includes the following tasks or activities (but not limited to):
- Provides ongoing support for TMPS applications
- Analyze, research, troubleshoot and complete all service requests escalated by L1 or business/product teams
- Responsible for monitoring and alerts. Partners with development and other tech groups to improve automation
- Provides guidance and directions in resolution of escalated issues and/or system problems
- Lead change control activities of managed IT platforms
- Assess system outages and manage issues that are currently impacting or may impact the business
- Work with team to continue to enhance existing processes, practices, technologies and tools to improve team effectiveness and support quality
- Manage patching schedules for the applications and involve in patching activities Ensure patching guidelines are followed for criticality
- Participate in troubleshooting of customer issues and production incidents
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced developers/support team
- On point for application capacity and availability assessments in production
- Works with onsite and offshore teams
- The candidate should provide technical consultation to ensure resources are following Wells Fargo development standards
- Performs break fix and support during outages and for application enhancements outside net new/enhanced development function
- Participates in performance/load tests. Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Oversee overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported areas
- Conducts annual business continuity application recovery plans in conjunction with development/Operations partners. Review and sign off BCP testing; look for any areas in need of improvement from application team
- The candidate must be a hands-on developer, self-starter and be able to work well both independently and in a team environment with confidence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7 + years of experience with Eclipse IDE
- 7+ years directly related work experience in Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Service Bus Architecture and Development Experience
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- Oracle Rules Engine
- Oracle Web Services Manager
- XML technologies, such as XSLT, XQuery, XSD
- Designing and developing application integration solutions over standard interfaces: SOAP, REST, RPC, JMS, JMX, RMI
- Performance Tuning
- Oracle Service Bus Route Node, Split Join
- Experience with Oracle Coherence Cache is a plus
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.