Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Apps Systems Engineer 5
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo Treasury, Merchant & Payment Solutions (TMPS) Platform Support team supports a portfolio of payment applications within Payments, Virtual Solutions & Innovation (PVSI).
Accountable for efficient execution of technology stack within the production and lower level environments. Teams have detailed knowledge of the firm’s processes with the capability of maintaining the operational health of the technology platform, inclusive of infrastructure, application and information security across lines of businesses including client due diligence, cross sell/analytics, reference, common tools and services in all lines of business and customers within Wells Fargo.
The goal of our platforms is to provide high quality, standardized, innovative solutions to serve our core business needs in a consistent and efficient way. You will work as an Application Support Engineer in Wells Fargo's Platform Support Team, partnering with development teams, product owners, and with other technology centers of excellence. You will be responsible for engineering new solutions to improve platform and application stability focusing on ensuring all availability, reliability, architecture, quality, security, support and risk/compliance standards are met for applications in the Core services portfolio.
The Platform team is required to have knowledge of the environments, software, function, performance, availability, capacity and data of the application. Wells Fargo is a diverse group of people with different experience levels to support the transformation, enrichment and timely availability of data assets to business and technical application teams across the enterprise.
Wells Fargo TMPS is seeking a Application Support Engineer who will be a subject matter expert in the Payment Management application team. The Payment Manager and suite of payments applications are responsible for processing domestic and international payments supporting multiple payment types and accompanying remittance information.
This position will provide technical support for highly complex technical issues and initiatives related to large-scale applications, systems, databases and/or technical products and services. Candidate will act as an internal consultant regarding use of tools and process re-engineering to improve delivery, support and governance process execution. In addition, the selected candidate will evaluate service level agreement criteria, identify gaps in current technology processes and recommend changes to assure SLAs can be supported and perform migrations and lower environment support.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the coordination, implementation, execution and continuous improvement and maturity of junior engineers
- Minimize overall production risks while maximizing team’s productivity
- Support and maintain processes that aim to improve the availability, scalability, SLA, and efficiency of Core services platform and applications
- Solve problems related to the core services systems and the build-out of automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Influence and create new designs, software, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Troubleshoot and mitigate problems in mission-critical systems. Advise the team during postmortems on effectively avoiding repeated incidents
- Troubleshooting user reported issues and escalated issues
- Assisting production support team members with user reported issues and escalated issues
- Serving as a subject matter expert for other team members regarding data and application functionality
- Partnering with offshore production support peers
- Works with development teams to identify improvements in applications
- Supports application technology risk execution and compliance initiatives
- On call support as part of a 24x7 team
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.