Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Apps Systems Engineer 5 (ASE5) - Oracle Application Express Developer
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
This Application Systems Engineer 5 (ASE5) position, working within the Wells Fargo Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) division, as a key member of the EFT Tools & Automation (EFT-Tools) team will develop, maintain and support key applications essential to the mission of the EFT-Tools team. That mission is focused on Engineering Solutions Automation, Engineering Support Tools Development, Application Express-as-a-Service Delivery (APEXaaS), and Limited Scope Build and Release (LSBAR) Support for the entire EFT application portfolio while minimizing risk exposure, reducing manual processes, and increasing operational efficiency and resiliency.
The ideal candidate for this EFT-Tools Automation Engineer position will be an energetic, self-motivated, detail-oriented engineer who has assisted with medium to large-scale Oracle Application Express (APEX) projects. This EFT-Tools engineer will be a member of a high-energy, dynamic, and diverse team working to remove or reduce enterprise risk, working to script and/or automate solutions across multiple technologies, and working to improve the operational efficiency and resiliency of our EFT application footprint. The EFT-Tools team supports over 1,100+ applications including 5 Mission Critical, 525 Business Significant, and 570 Business Important applications.
This position will be focused on key job functions and responsibilities as follow:
- Implement Oracle APEX features and services for rapid application development of EFT applications with an Oracle database back-end using an agile methodology. APEX features include shared components, themes, websheets, dynamic actions, plugin implementation and development, and workspace management.
- Work with a broad range of technologies including: Database (Oracle and SQL Server RDBMS); Unix and Windows scripting languages (awk, bash, jython, PowerShell, python, sed, etc.); Source Control and Deployment (GitHub, Jenkins, uDeploy); Job Schedulers (AutoSys); File transfer (ftp, Secure NDM); Web applications (Apache HTTPD, NGINX, Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, Oracle REST Data Services); Single-Sign-On (Channel Secure); and more.
- Perform software maintenance and enhancements of existing EFT-Tools applications. In addition, perform software development and maintenance for any EFT directed initiatives.
- Support the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process including the development, documentation, testing, bug fix, and operational support required for creating and maintaining EFT applications and frameworks resulting in software solutions for the EFT application portfolio.
- Review requirements documentation for accuracy and practicality of implementation, design, and development of solutions, and provide support for correcting any errors identified throughout the solution life-cycle.
- Create detailed documentation for existing and new EFT-Tools solutions.
May consider other locations not listed.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle APEX; experience with version 18.1+ a plus
- 3+ years of experience with the Oracle Database; experience with 12.1+ a plus
- Experience with Unix and Windows scripting languages (awk, bash, jython, PowerShell, python, sed, etc.)
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Authoring Technical Documentation
- Experience with SQL Server (need to add to library)
- Experience with Apache HTTPD, NGINX, Tomcat, WebLogic and/or JBoss
- Experience with Automated Testing and DevOps
- Ability to work effectively within a geographically dispersed team
- Energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented personality
- Demonstrated Leadership and Mentoring
- Experience with Wells Fargo internal processes (STAMP, PAC2000, ART, IES/IAM, etc.)
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.