Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Apps Systems Engineer - ETL Production Support
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo Technology’s Data Technology Platform Support Team is looking for a Senior ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) Production Support Engineer to support the operations of multiple Enterprise scale Data Warehouse applications within the Production Support Shared Service organization. This position has the primary responsibility of providing Level 2 production support, analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving production job failures, data research, recommending and implementing code fixes as well as coordinating with the ETL Development, Database, and Business Analyst teams within each application team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Primary production support for analytical data ETL jobs and Big Data Batch and Near Real-time processing jobs within the Enterprise Data Lake environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex production problems related to data
- Ability to troubleshoot advanced network file delivery, server and application issues independently and provide solutions to recovery.
- Collaborate with the business analysts and ETL development team members to resolve complex data design issues/provide optimal solutions that meet business requirements and benefits system performance.
- Collaborate with offshore team members, work flexible hours as required to achieve a global follow-the-sun support model
- Develop and foster a positive relationship with team members, team leads and business partners
- Develops and updates documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides
- Strictly follow change and incident management processes
- Be willing to work non-standard business hours on an on-call basis in a 24x7x365 environment
- Implement best practices for production environments
- Encourage and participate in knowledge sharing as necessary
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience with RDBMS such as Teradata/Oracle
- 3+ years of UNIX Shell scripting or Python experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a big data environment (Hadoop, MapR/Hortonworks, Hive, Aster, HBase, Spark, Kafka)
- Experience with unstructured datasets, such as log files, email, text
- Experience with near real time data processing
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.