Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full Stack Automation Engineer
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Though we are headquartered in San Francisco, this anchor position will serve a primary foundation as we build a high-productivity, co-located, DevOps engineering team in Minneapolis.
Full Stack Infrastructure Cloud Reliability Engineer
The position is an unprecedented career opportunity for a senior full stack developer to contribute to the transformation of a major financial institution’s enterprise-wide adoption of IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provisioning technologies. The role demands a senior developer advocate who can drive metrics-based reliability engineering within both our current open-source private cloud offerings and who can play a leading role in building out the integration and instrumentation of our emerging public cloud offerings for application teams requiring on-demand scalability.
The ideal background of a full-stack developer includes experience across the entire "vertical" software stack, including front-end/UI, backend/server side, database (relational and non-relational/NoSQL), Big Data platforms, and RESTful API architectures. In addition, candidates should have hands-on experience building software development lifecycle (SLDC), version-controlled automated CI/CD application build and deployment pipelines.
Technically, the candidate should have experience in modern scripting and/or objected-oriented languages like Python, Go, Java or Ruby, possess working knowledge in many IaaS components (compute, networking, storage, load-balancing, data, image-based provisioning), and have programmatically-engineered software-defined network features like virtual firewalls, load-balancing and segmentation. Extensive Enterprise-class Linux operating system engineering experience is essential, including the emerging disciplines within reliability engineering like scalability, service-orientation, compliance, application-level high-availability, monitoring, alerting, "chaos" engineering and even auto-healing.
The ideal candidate in our setting should have experience leading and mentoring less experienced team members through DevOps, deadline-driven Agile development methodologies, delineating the role of "product ownership", retaining Scrum ceremonial disciplines, championing a LEAN approach to driving out waste through iterative Minimal Viable Product deployments, incorporating test-driven development into the software development life cycle, and advocating for important "cultural" non-negotiables like transparent "blameless" root cause analysis and empathy between traditionally-siloed teams.
Because we are a financial institution, the candidate must have experience in a "controls-prioritized" environment, including data production solutions and best practices with an emphasis an audit defensibility, external and internal security at all layers of the stack and auto-documenting process reproducibility and sustainability.
As a part of full-product ownership, though the candidate must be willing be on rotation to support engineering and triage, the expectation for this candidate is a historical record of operational technical debt elimination through automation and simplification.
Finally, this role is a leadership position in the organization, requiring nuanced, but forthright abilities to influence and persuade through senior-level communications, synthesizing day-to-day noise into important trends for management reporting and, when necessary, appropriate escalations, establishing abiding influential and symbiotic relationships with key players across the Enterprise, and providing thought leadership within the Enterprise and within the DevOps locally and regionally.
- Code in newly-learned Object-oriented languages iteratively in an Agile framework
- Develop data-driven reporting using multiple data sources within a full-stack user interface
- Work collaboratively within an Agile team to troubleshoot root causes using telemetry (metrics) and develop engineering solutions to solve those issues
- Able to express yourself frequently in written and verbal communications within your Agile team and to other teams within the organization
- Eager to assume increasing leadership responsibilities in representing developed products for which you and your team are accountable
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to understand moderately complex business specifications and deliver complex projects.
- Ability to solve problems quickly, decisively and understand when to escalate
- Demonstrated ability to design, build and test complex technology solutions
- Strong demonstrated ability or history in identifying opportunities to automate manual processes.
- 3+ yrs of leading high-performing teams under stress and with expectation for delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related fields
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $84,500 Mid: $120,700
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.