Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Info Security Engineer 5
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle.
Information Security’s (IS) vision is to provide Wells Fargo world leading cyber security risk management. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, IS protects Wells Fargo’s infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws. IS is part of Wells Fargo's Technology organization and is led by the Chief Information Security Officer.
Note: Charlotte, NC is the preferred work location but will consider other core Wells Fargo locations and telecommute
Our IS team is looking for a strong cyber security professional with strong experience in incident response, threat hunting, and network-focused forensics. Experience is utilizing both Deep Packet Inspection (i.e. full packet capture) and NetFlow solutions is ideal. The candidate should have a well-rounded background in endpoint/network defenses and security incident response, as well as some offensive security knowledge to allow the ability to think like an adversary. This role will serve as an incident responder to assess the risk, impact, and scope of identified security threats, as well as leading the response efforts to include containment, eradication, and recovery. Strong verbal and written communication skills are desired, in order to ensure thorough and accurate reporting during and concluding a security incident. The candidate will also play a major role in our cyber threat hunting efforts, including creation of new logic and procedures to identify anomalous network and/or endpoint behaviors. Threat hunting efforts will be focused primarily on identifying advanced threats that are not detected via traditional security tools. Regular collaboration with multiple teams such as the Cyber Threat Fusion Center, Security Content Development, Cyber Threat Intelligence, and Offensive Security teams will be critical to success.
Will consider all Wells Fargo hub locations.
Other Desired Qualifications
* 7+ years of digital forensics, security analytics experience, or a combination of both, including incident response
* 5+ years of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM/SIM/SEM) experience
* 5+ years of experience with network security, endpoint security, or security threat vectors
* 5 + years of executing ethical penetration testing including exploitation and post-exploitation experience
* Advanced Information Security technical skills and understanding of information security practices and policies
* Hands-on experience with information security tools such as an enterprise SIEM solution, IDS/IPS, endpoint security solutions, email/web security gateways, and other security detection/mitigation devices
* Experience with host and/or network log analysis as applied to incident response / threat hunting
* Knowledge of offensive security, with the ability to think like an adversary when hunting and responding to incidents
* Strong ability to identify anomalous behavior on endpoint devices and/or network communications
* Strong experience in operating system and application security hardening and best practices
* Experience with multiple operating systems to include Windows, Mac OS, and Unix/Linux
* Advanced problem solving skills, ability to develop effective long-term solutions to complex problems
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.