Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Architect 5
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
DMI’s Information Architecture organization works in partnership with IT and business leaders to architect information strategies and data plans aligned with Wells Fargo’s mission, strategy, goals, and objectives. Responsibilities include defining a standard common business vocabulary, expressing strategic data requirements, outlining high level integrated designs to meet these requirements, and aligning with Wells Fargo’s Enterprise Data Strategy and related architectures.
This Information Architect role will specialize in creating, modifying and managing Enterprise Data Blueprint Architecture and creating conceptual architectures which align with the Enterprise Data Strategy as well as be a critical player within the Information Architecture team. This role requires subject matter expertise in data, solutions and business architecture with a broad view of the Wells Fargo enterprise landscape. A key component of the role will be awareness of the Enterprise Data Environment and associated issues with alignment to the Enterprise Data Blueprint architecture strategy. Using that intimate knowledge of the data alignment challenges within the firm, assist relevant teams in formulating effective evaluation criteria to measure and document extent of alignment and gaps. Additionally, create monthly reporting metrics for senior management on alignment statistics.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Working jointly with the DMI Information Architects, EIT Data Architects, Data Domain Managers, Application Business Data Owners and Application Technology Managers, responsibilities include:
- Gain in-depth understanding on the Enterprise Data Environment (EDE) current state architecture as compared to Enterprise Data Blueprint architecture (target state)
- Create, document and manage Enterprise Data Blueprint Architecture conceptual solution approaches to be used downstream by data domain architects and WFT solutions architects
- Working with partner teams, define and document appropriate measurement criteria to effectively measure partner team alignment with Enterprise Data Blueprint Architecture.
- Communicate and train the partner teams on evaluation criteria as defined/approved by partner team management.
- Identify and consult on project work to incorporate Enterprise Data Architecture alignment into project requirements where appropriate.
- Help evolve Information Architecture Management Practice overall. Collaborate with Data Management Practice team to establish requirements, test and trial, and evolve process
The preferred location(s) for this job opening are Phoenix/, AZ; Dallas/Irving TX; Minneapolis, MN; Charlotte, NC. However, will consider other locations for most qualified applicant
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience influencing management on technical or business solutions
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo’s Enterprise Data Management Strategy and/or technologies
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, Data Lake and Business Intelligence strategies and architecture
- Prior experience in data or data technology solutions design to meet business needs
- Experience in Information Security Architecture
- Communicates security risks and solutions to business partners and IT staff
- Experience in Data Solutions Architecture
- Strong Data or Technology Architecture experience
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-Irving: 5000 Riverside Drive - Irving, TX
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
GA-Atlanta: 3579 Atlanta Ave - Atlanta, GA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.