Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Security Engineer 6 - Web Proxy
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
This position will work closely with the Network Security leadership team, technical partners, and business groups to develop solutions and network security strategy for the enterprise. Will be accountable for developing and documenting reference engineering designs and product/service roadmaps to support EIS initiatives. Will also support large-scale enterprise technical projects with high visibility.
Activities that this position will support or be accountable for:
- Strategic direction, expert advice, and long-term planning for large Network Security projects and other corporate initiatives
- Tactical solutions for immediate problems/changes in response to changing business environments and threats
- Product strategies for key solutions within Network Security
- Technical partnering with vendors including tracking technical issues and working on solutions
- Information security consultation, support, and partnering with Wells Fargo line of business
- Technical partnering with other Wells Fargo technical teams
- Product roadmap creation and updates
- Reference engineering design documentation creation and maintenance
- Senior leadership collaboration both in and outside of the immediate team
- Consulting and assessment of Technology sponsored Projects
- Last tier support / complex issue resolution (not on-call)
- Participation in 3rd party security assessments and recommendations
- Support of merger and acquisition integration
- Consultation and support to enterprise risk partners
- Consultation and support to legal partners
- LOB and technical partner relationship support including senior leadership in these areas
- Certification initiation and technical support to advanced engineering s certification process
- Self-Identified audit issue identification and recommendation for resolution
- Working with internal compliance team to write self-identified compliance issues, corrective actions, and find solutions for issues
- Responding to project and architecture sizing requests
- Responding to senior leadership special requests for engineering or research of technical issues
- Emerging technology / product assessment
- Responding to annual security policy review
- Being aware of security Industry trends and emerging threats
- Innovating process and automation improvements
Other Desired Qualifications
- Cloud computing engineering experience in one or a combination of the following: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Compute (GCC) or Azure Cloud Security
- Proxy technologies
- Application security technologies e.g. API protections, DDoS, Web Application Firewall (WAF), Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.