Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Java Application Systems Engineer 5
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The Enterprise Database Management (EDM) team is looking for an Apps Systems Engineer 5 to act as a technical lead within the Specialized Database Products (SDP) Systems Tools and Utilities team.
The SPD STU Team facilitates the design, development, implementation, and adoption of applications in support the Database Asset Class processes for database management. These processes include activities such as database inventory, patch reporting, compliance, configuration drift, and end of life archiving, and password change processes. The effective delivery and maintenance of this functionality is essential to governance and management of the Wells Fargo enterprise database environment.
This role is to provide technical leadership in our team’s effort to port a PHP-based database inventory tracking system to a Java/Spring Boot-based system. As part of this effort, the application will also be migrated from a monolithic application architecture to a service-oriented architecture running in the enterprise Cloud Foundry environment. The selected individual must possess strong problem solving skills and senior-level experience with Java, Spring Boot, and cloud-based technologies.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of Spring Boot experience
- 5+ years of PHP development experience
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Development Principles
- Proven experience in the design, development, and deployment of large scale Java projects following industry-standard design patterns, tooling and coding practices
- Experience migrating monolithic applications to a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience architecting cloud-native applications from the ground up
- Full stack (both UI and back end) development experience
- Asynchronous messaging experience (Prior experience with Solace MQ is a plus)
- Experience working in Cloud Foundry, Azure, or AWS environments
- Experience with Sencha Ext JS framework is an added advantage, but not required
- Experience with Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) preferred, but not required
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.