Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior APM/Monitoring Tools Engineer (ASE5) - DevOps Monitoring & Logging Operations Team
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Are you a skilled engineer with technical expertise in monitoring and application performance management (APM) tools? Do you enjoy providing a consultative approach to solutions?
Are you looking for an exciting position working with cutting-edge technology in a collaborative team environment where development of your career and professional skills are encouraged?
As a member of the DevOps Monitoring & Logging Operations Team, the Senior APM/Monitoring Tools Engineer (ASE5) will help expand enterprise automation within the larger DevOps pipeline by managing and supporting enterprise roll-out of key APM and monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Dynatrace and Introscope. Must have prior hands-on administration of APM (or similar) tools and Linux systems; and on-boarding complex applications to enterprise APM tools.
The DevOps Monitoring & Logging Operations Team is provides 1st & 2nd Level Application Performance Management (APM) services to all Line of Business (LOB) technology teams. Our applications provide vertical and horizontal monitoring capabilities that application teams can leverage to quickly triage performance issues within their applications. We work with wide ranging technologies both in the front end, middleware and back end parts of the application framework.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a Subject matter expert on APM tools.
- Provide application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Onboarding of applications across Wells Fargo to enable monitoring and alerting with best practices and standard APM tools.
- Verify program monitoring tool configuration by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of configurations to ensure proper monitoring is in production.
- Understanding complex application frameworks and flows and assist with developing and implementing custom monitoring solutions.
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication, flexibility, teamwork and leadership
- On-call rotation support
Other Desired Qualifications
- Prior hands-on administration experience with any of the following APM/Monitoring tools: AppDynamics, DynaTrace, IntroScope, TeaLeaf, OpTier, Splunk, HP monitoring suite of tools, or similar tools.
- Must have complete understanding of universal monitoring tools and processes.
- Advanced/Power-User of any of the following application performance management tools: AppDynamics, DynaTrace, IntroScope.
- Team player able to cross train and learn different monitoring tools and lines of business needs.
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting, Perl or Java is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in several of the following technologies:
- Web/Application Servers: Apache, SunOne/iPlanet, IIS/.NET, Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss
- Network: TCP/IP, span port and/or network tap configuration
- Knowledge of complex heterogeneous multi-tier web applications.
- Experience managing issues, projects, deadlines, and documentations in a client-facing environment.
- Client-facing experience in large heterogeneous complex application environments
- Ability to interact effectively at varying levels of the business and technical organizations, including management
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.