Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Data Engineer (ASE5) Asset and Liability Technology Wells Fargo Corporate Treasury
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The Financial Systems and Technology group (FST) within Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our asset and Liability Technology team at Wells Fargo Corporate Treasury. Senior Data Engineer is responsible to provide application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing design. Candidate will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The incumbent should be an experienced data analyst, data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys analyzing data, building and optimizing data systems from the ground up. Their duties include solution design, development and may include ongoing operational support of the code-line.
- Work with product owners to identify and mature upcoming business needs and develop technical backlog to answer those needs in a timely manner.
- End to end ownership of ETL data pipelines, from ingestion of data to consumption by business intelligence and advanced analytics teams.
- Design and build an automated, self-service data platform, freeing teams to focus on customer features and analysis.
- Evolve existing tools and framework to support new scalability requirements as well new functionality as needed.
- Identify and drive new solutions to enhance the development cycle to increase development productivity.
- Work with team to identify and resolve technical debt to improve the team’s throughout.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience building data pipelines.
- Extensive knowledge in fine tuning SQL, understanding optimizers, and execution plans.
- Deep experience designing and implementing highly scalable, distributed application systems.
- Self-motivated, independent, team-player
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle and release management
- Wells Fargo design experience
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.