Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Enterprise Architect - Microservices (Systems Architect 6)
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
As part of the Chief Technology Office (CTO), Enterprise Architecture (EA) teams are the gatekeepers of the Wells Fargo Technology Platform, responsible for thought leadership, technology guidance, standards decisions, and governance of technology throughout the enterprise. Technology currently supports a portfolio of around 6,000 applications governed by enterprise capabilities such as strategy, risk, policy, compliance, architecture, SDLC, etc. Technology is going through a strategic technology and Agile transformation to simplify, streamline and enable technology of the future. This is an interdisciplinary effort that requires all stakeholders to partner seamlessly and drive the execution with efficient and effective use of process, practice and standards respectively.
As part of the transformative changes occurring within Technology, EA is transforming its role to include a more active and extensive part in ensuring that the recommendations made are carried through to completion and have the continuous support of EA throughout the project lifecycle to ensure processes and operational capabilities receive proper architecture leadership.
We are currently looking to hire 8 (eight) Senior Enterprise Architects who are self-motivated and have a holistic, big picture mindset in developing enterprise level architectural solutions and standards. As key contributors to the modernization and rationalization of the largest portfolio within Wells Fargo ( 6000 applications), these Architects will have a direct impact on how development will happen at Wells Fargo. These roles will be responsible for designing modern event-driven microservices architecture for deployment on internal and public Cloud platforms (PCF, AWS) and integration with modern technologies such as Kafka for event management/streaming and Kubernetes for containerization. They will also be responsible for defining and building reference architecture with reference implementation across the enterprise domains spanning business architecture, application architecture and technical architecture respectively. In providing leadership through influence and technical expertise, these roles will be responsible to help strengthen the relationships between EA and LOB architecture and engineering teams and leadership, and ultimately enable the team’s effectiveness in achieving the team's and Technology's overall goals.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
* Partner with key stakeholders to create architectural approach collaboratively and then lead the solutioning with an Agile, hands-on engineering mindset with relentless focus on quality and timely delivery.
* As a leader, influence developers and senior leadership to establish, maintain and govern all architecture aspects relative to application architecture.
* Collaborate, interact, and lead both directly and indirectly at the CTO and Group Architect levels to ensure all standards, policy, control points and governance are well defined and measured for its success.
* Ensure that technology standards are always closely aligned to serve all of the enterprise needs. This accountability will ensure enhancement of our Risk & Regulatory practices and continuously assess technology standards and strategy to protect Wells Fargo’s technology environment while also improving our efficiency and effectiveness to deliver Wells Fargo products to market faster and with fewer errors.
* Follow appropriate enterprise processes and governance where applicable (e.g. CREST, Architecture Alignment Assessments, Technology Adoption Processes, Standards, Enterprise Project Methodology)
* Assess enterprise, line of business, and staff group architectures, strategies, roadmaps and designs for potential alignment opportunities.
* Practice a data-driven and KPI based approach to institutionalize continuous improvement of IT practices.
* Synthesize, document and present findings.
* Collaborate with divisions sponsoring initiatives to optimize investment decisions.
Required locations listed on job posting. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Other Desired Qualifications
* 2+ years designing microservices for deployment on an internal or public cloud platform/environment
* Experience with architecture and design of event-driven systems and working with related tools like Kafka for streaming
* Solid understanding of distributed systems, synchronous/asynchronous messaging, and networking protocols
* Experience with containers, container orchestration, API Gateways and integration frameworks (Workflow and Orchestration/Choreography)
* Experience integrating and securing private and public cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), etc.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.