Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer - Observability Engineer
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America’s diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock’ banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company’s customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
Digital Branch and ATM technology team (part of Consumer and Small Business Banking Technology) is responsible for building and maintaining all the software and hardware used at Wells Fargo physical locations including branches, banking centers and ATM locations. We are looking for a Senior Observability Engineer to join our team. This role will be a key contributer to design and implementation of major strategic solutions in the Application Performance Monitoring (APM) and Application Observability. An ideal team member, like yourself, would have a genuine passion for innovation and technology, and the drive to join the effort in challenging the status quo of what traditional banking technology can offer to benefit our customers and improve the overall health of our business. This engineer will have experience with one or more of the application monitoring tools, including AppDynamics, Splunk, ITRS Geneos, RTView, Dynatrace, Elastic APM, Grafana, Prometheus, Pagerduty, Zabbix.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Deliver customer-centric service and monitoring solutions using Agile and good risk management processes.
- Work with configuration and monitoring technologies such Grafana, Prometheus, Zabbix, SolarWinds, ThousandEyes, DataDog.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Monitoring tools for Infrastructure, Network, and Application.
- Develop policy and procedures and best practices for monitoring solution for the group.
- Utilize systems engineering/administration experience with Splunk / Elastic / AppDybnamics in scaling cloud environments or on-premise implementations.
- Integrate with operational data platforms such as ElasticSearch, Splunk, DataDog, or AppDynamics using Kafka or other integration layers.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Observability tools such as Elastic, AppDynamics, NewRelic and Dynatrace
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
- Experience in Alerting and Paging technologies
- Experience in dealing with a variety of stakeholders and working in fast pace, matrixed environment
CA-San Leandro: 794 Davis St - San Leandro, CA
CA-SF-South Of Market Area: 45 Fremont Street - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.