Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. API Gateway Engineer--Apps Systems Engineer 6
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Within the Chief Technology Office, the Enterprise Services & Portfolio Management (ESPM) team provides technology strategy and solutions for the tools and data supporting IT Service Management, Portfolio Management, API Management, and Enterprise Business Process Management functions. ESPM provides the tools, data, and API services necessary to run the business of IT and to manage enterprise services.
A successful team member in this role will be responsible for engineering delivery of:
1. The Enterprise API Marketplace: The API Marketplace is the core component of the Wells Fargo API economy. API discovery, education, publish, and subscription are facilitated through the Marketplace experience.
2. The Enterprise API Gateway: The API Gateway is a set of highly-available, runtime API components, deployed across the enterprise in formation, to facilitate core and line of business-specific API proxy, security protocol and format translation, multi-protocol service abstraction, lightweight orchestration, and SLA management (including spike arrest and the ability to scale on demand).
3. Enterprise API Lifecycle Management: The API Lifecycle software facilitates interface schema definition, quality and standards compliance, governance process, and archive from API ideation through creation, development, deployment/publishing, and enhancements. The lifecycle management component ensures schema compliance and is integrated with the enterprise data domain model and workflow components. The lifecycle management component also provides visibility of APIs across brownfield and greenfield services, and helps organize the service APIs based on the Wells Fargo Domain Taxonomy model.
The primary responsibility of the API Marketplace and Gateway Engineering team is to collaborate with peer teams in the CTO organization to curate an engineering- and risk- first discipline for API discovery, creation, and publish. The marketplace should provide a "Google for API" experience where business needs are successfully matched between producer and consumers.
This role is a visionary role for the WF Enterprise. APIs are the future of Finance. This role is critical in delivering solutions to enable an agile, modern Wells Fargo API that rationalizes the 10s of thousands of APIs , as well as creation of new definitons aligned with an enterprise domain direction.
* Core Engineering of the Enterprise API Marketplace
* Core Engineering of the the API Gateway (Apigee)
* Core Engineering of the API Lifecycle Management toolset
* Creation of appropriate dashboard/monitoring and logging for API runtimes using Graphana, ElasticSearch, and Splunk technologies.
* Integration with Enterprise Architect Studio for Domain Modeling and to enable API governance
* Integration with WF ServiceNow as the system of record for API and IT Service Management
* Integration with the CTO CI/CD toolset to control environment propagation and automated testing functions.
* Evangelize the Enterprise API Strategy and facilitate presentations to a wide audience of internal and external stakeholders
Responsibilities also include:
* Regular interaction with senior management or executive levels across business and technical disciplines.
* Management of Marketplace, Gateway and API Lifecycle engineering teams and overall direct responsibility for health of the platforms
* Leads and executes on strategic technical objectives for Safety & Soundness initiatives across API technology platforms.
* Leads teams through technical analysis, design, construction and deployment of highly complex / scalable application projects as directed by the CTO, Enterprise Architecture, and in liaison with CIO/Group Architecture teams.
* Infrastucture procurement facilitation and deployment through Cloud Engineering and WF Infrastructure teams.
* Recruits and trains talented development resources leveraging on and offshore teams.
Other Desired Qualifications
* 3+ years experience with API Gateway (e.g. Apigee, Datapower, Mulesoft) and Lifecycle Management (e.g. Ignite, Anypoint) technologies or equlivalent.
* Proven ability to communicate with business and technical groups easily, ability to communicate with various levels of management
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills: demonstrated proficiency of identifying risks, proposing and implementing controls.
* Must be able to articulate complex concepts and be able to tailor the message to different audiences including senior leadership, technical teams, operations and line of business partners.
* Excellent relationship and partnership skills, ability to work closely and influence decision making with partners.
* Detailed knowledge of HTTP REST concepts, JSON, JSON Schema, the Swagger JSON REST specification, the HTTP protocol and status codes.
* Modern SDLC concepts and tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Git/GitHub, Artifactory, Ansible, etc.
* Experience with modern software development processes (Agile, Scrum etc.) within a large enterprise environment
* Knowledge of BIAN, ATUM, ISO20022 messaging and domain model definitions.
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of CI/CD concepts, including modern automation testing concepts, code quality metrics and build/dependency management tools
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
CO-Greenwood Village: 5700 Dtc Pkwy - Greenwood Village, CO
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.