Wilson & Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wilson & Company
Wilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects is currently seeking an Electrical Designer to support our Facility Engineering division in our Houston, TX office. This position work in conjunction with the Project Managers, peer engineers, CADD design support, and other disciplines on a variety of new projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide preliminary design documents, such as conceptual designs, technical specifications and site plans for industrial related projects.
- Prepare electrical construction drawings, single lines, equipment schedules, etc. based on contract specifications, approved conceptual plans and industry standards.
- High degree of intrapersonal and communication skills is necessary
- Proven teamwork and problem solving skills
- Must be willing to travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Experience with equipment selection, design calculations, material lists, engineering reports, contract documents and drawing review for industrial projects. Rail industry experience is a plus.
- Required to have a minimum 5-10 years of experience in engineering and electrical design knowledge.
- Microstation and AutoCADD experience required. Must be highly proficient in Excel.
- Drug and Background check will be administered.
Please note that Wilson & Company is not currently sponsoring applicants for work visas.
“Please be mindful of fraudulent job postings and false emails that are not coming directly from our company. Any legitimate contact will only come from representatives with an @wilsonco.com email address. For an official list of job openings, please go to our company website: https://www.wilsonco.com.”
Wilson & Company has a rich history in planning and design, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ staff throughout 13 offices in 9 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.